Monday, July 12, 2010

Cheerio Leeds

Brady went through a lot of changes this last week. He got a new Mission President, new companion, and new area. He is now serving in Grimsby. However, we are going to recap his last week in Leeds.

Baptisms:
"The baptisms ended up going really well. John Carson asked me to baptize him, and I was really nervous on Saturday. I had to do it twice because the first time, one of the witnesses said his foot popped up. All the other people said it was fine, and that he did go all the way under. I guess its better to be safe, and if you are not sure to just do it again. I was so nervous that I couldn't even tell you what the people talked about it because I was just thinking about what in the world I was going to be doing. I was really nervous because he is in his 60's, and they didn't fill the baptismal font very full. I just told him to bend his knees, and that it will make everything go a lot smoother. Elder Remington baptized Giuseppe, and it was really good."


Transfers:
"I have found out that the Leeds 1 University area will be shutting down, since barely any students will be in town. This means that I am getting transferred to the Grimsby 1 area in a place called Hull. My new companion is going to be Elder Gentry. Last Monday-Wednesday we had to change our flats (homes in England terms). We spent 10 hours at our old flat on Wednesday cleaning it out, and it really sucked. I was so certain that I would staying that I decided to unpack all of my stuff, while Elder Davis, Remington, and Valdiva, decided to live out of their packs. I was kind of rubbing it in, and I feel really humbled now. I guess maybe I shouldn't have dished out so much crap."


P-Day:
"On Wednesday we went up to harrogate military base for p-day. We started off by bowling, and I bowled a 150. I am still pretty good at bowling I guess. We then went and played basketball for like 2 hours. I am already starting to play so bad, and I have only been our for a month and a half. I couldn't believe how bad I was, but luckily I was still able to grab the rim, and I still can dunk it."

Brady & Elder Remington with a chav named Kevin. His sister Tracy put the extensions in their hair and made them take a picture.


Brady & Elder Douglass way back in the MTC on their church history tour.

2 comments:

Josh and Tori Furlong said...

We know now Brady should never grow his hair long!! :)

Lacey Voris said...

Hey this is Tyler, Lacey's husband. Grimsby is where my favorite companion lives! I'll have to let him know and make sure he takes care of Brady really well :)