Thursday, November 11, 2010

Goodbye Grimsby

This last week was transfer week for Brady. He will be leaving the Grimsby 1 area and will now be serving in an area called Doncaster. He is also switching companions and his new companion will be Elder Peavler. So this post will be all about his last weeks in Grimsby.

"In this picture I am wearing a dopple. In England they wear them for the month of November for something with world war 1 & 2. And the missionaries don't get respect unless they have one, so I decided to wear one."

Weather:
"It is starting to get cold England and even though it hasn't really rained, and it looks like it would be warm because the sun is shining , but it is pretty cold. Some lady told us last night that this guy who predicts the weather said it is going to be colder than last year, and last year was the worst winter they have had in a long time. I hope he is wrong, and that it doesn't get that cold."

Investigators:
"We went and taught this part member family, and we just tried to get to know them a little bit, and then we followed the spirit with what we wanted to talk about with them. Tyra is a member, but her husband Tony isn't, so we went and had a really amazing lesson, and the spirit was so strong. Then this other member we took out with us named Keith was talking about the spirit, and how people can tell when they received an answer, and what the spirit feels like. And then Tony was like well that was weird because when Elder Moore was testifying about Christ, I had this warm relaxing feeling come over me, and I felt calm, and at peace. We then quickly told him that was the spirit, and that he just felt the spirit in his life. We then asked him to be baptized, and he said he would. So it ended on a really good note."
"Things with Emma Gould are going really well. She has been holding appointments, and we have been having really good lessons with her. It was funny, Elder Reidhead told her that one of us was most likely leaving, and so after the lesson she was going to go and give Elder Reidhead a hug, because she didn't know who was going to leave, so she went to hug him and he like jumped in the corner and put his hands out and said we don't give hugs. It was really funny, and it got us out of the situation."

Time with President Lindley:
"The interview with President Lindley went really well, and don't worry, of course I didn't get into any trouble. We had a good chat, and then I got to ask him some questions. Afterwards, we went teaching and President Lindley came with us. I am not going to lie, I was kind of nervous, but we had the most amazing lesson with an investigator. The spirit was so strong in the room, and it was amazing how I felt like I was a tool in the Lord's hand, and I was saying what He would want me to say. It was a really neat experience. We had planned to teach him about the law of chastity, but going in that just didn't feel right, so we ended up talking about prayer, since he hadn't been praying about the Book of Mormon, and then it went really good. Then President Lindley wanted to see what our flat looked like, and I was kind of scared. Luckily he said it looked really nice, and the only thing we really needed to do was vacuum it a little bit, but it was really great, and I enjoyed going teaching with President."

Bonfire Night:
"There was a holiday in England know as Bonfire Night, where they celebrate the fact that Guy Fox didn't blow up parliament or something like that. It happened a long time ago, and lots of people for Halloween, and also until November 5th carry around this puppet of Guy and say penny for the guy, I don't know why but it was kind of weird. Then it made sense once someone explained it to me. So when we had to go in and do our weekly planning, it was crazy with all the fireworks, and the bonfires, but it was also really great to see. We had a lot of fun with the glowsticks you sent on Bonfire Night."

The Fun Side:
"The O'rielly's gave me the picture on Selena Gomez and we now practice teaching on her. I figure it is good practice for the future."
"Lately I have been getting really good at stopping bikers. I got 4 of them to stop in one day, and I find it so much fun to try and stop bikers, and it amazes me when they do actually stop!"
"Me and Elder Reidhead baked the cookies. They actually turned out pretty good, and we were really excited. The O'rielly's gave us the egg we needed, so we are going to take them some of the cookies, and hopefully they will like them. It was so much fun, but it took Elder Reidhead so long to figure out how to turn on the oven, and since it was in celsius, we had to figure out the right degrees, and all that other fun stuff, but they ended up turning out really good."
"Last P-day, me and Elder Reidhead went and bought England football tops. They were on sale for 10 quid, and we were like booya and got some. Then I even splurged a little bit, and convinced Elder Reidhead as well, and ended up putting our names and numbers on the back. It was 1 quid a letter and 4 quid for the number so I really ended up spending like 19 pounds."

"I have really enjoyed my time in Grimsby, and I am really sad to be leaving. I have heard Doncaster is a nice place with nice people and I am excited to see what it is going to be like."

No comments: