Monday, September 20, 2010

Still in Grimsby

Exchanges:
"I got to go on exchanges with Elder Calinuc. He is from Romania, and he use to play division 2 football. It was so much fun and I am really impressed with how well his English has gotten in the 3 months that I have been in Grimsby, and the 6 months since he has started to learn English. We talked a lot about football and he taught me some sweet tricks and told me how to kick the ball properly, and said I will be able to control the ball more, if I kick it with the inside of my leg."
"I went on exchanges with Elder Otte, our district leader. It was really fun. I spoiled him because he was out of money, and he said that is the way it is to be done while on exchanges. I am really ace at managing my money, and it is really easy. I never have to worry about the end of the month. Then we went to the church because we had a ward coordination meeting. While we were waiting, we were kicking around a football, and then Elder Otte got it stuck up in the window cell. We tried so hard to get it down by stacking chairs, and then someone was like is that safe Elders? It most likely wasn't, but I wasn't scared. So then we had to get a ladder, and we found a really long pole, and after like 10-15 minutes we finally got the ball down. It was so funny! Then, I was telling Elder Otte how you can play church hymns on the cell phone because that is what Elder Remington told me. He figured out how to play Joseph Smith's First Prayer, and taught me, so I am now trying to master it, and it is so funny that it actually sounds pretty good, and I love playing it."

Investigators:
"We were blessed this week to be able to find 16 new investigators!"
"We met a couple that is young, and guess what? They are MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jonny and Becky are doing well, and since we started teaching them, they have cut back on their smoking and drinking, and we haven't taught them the word of wisdom yet. It is also so much fun to teach them because they take it in so well, and they understand things so much, and you can tell that the spirit is definitely there, and it makes things go a lot smoother, and better."
"We taught Jonny and Becky the word of wisdom last week. We set up a plan of progression to when they will give up smoking, and right now they are scheduled for the 9th of October. Jonny was telling us how he really wants a monkey, and we told him that with the money he will be saving from not smoking, he will be able to get his monkey license, and then a monkey. It is like 500 pounds for the monkey and another 500 pounds for the license. That is really expensive. Becky wasn't too happy with us for saying that, so she banned us from talking monkey whenever we are in their house. They are so much fun and it is so fun teaching them and getting to know them, and it is amazing that you can notice a difference in their life since they have been meeting with us and I just love watching them learn and grow. It makes missionary work so much flippin' fun!"

The Fun Side:
"So this last week, this lady in our ward has been giving me and Elder Reidhead some cooking lessons. We have made chili, and we cut up the vegetables, and all that other fun stuff. Then she taught us how to make this lemon bread, which we have made really good and it is amazing how well me and Elder Reidhead can cook. Then for dessert we have been practicing making sponge cakes. Our first one didn't turn out too good, and our second one was alright. We figured out the problem though, so tonight when we go back for our third cooking lesson we are going to do it right. We have been putting in the eggs first, and then the butter, and then the sugar. But, really we need to do the butter, then sugar, and then the eggs. Hopefully it will turn out good tonight."
"For P-Day we played football, and it was really cold, but also really fun. I am amazed by how much football is growing on me, and I have a blast every time we play it, and I think I am getting pretty good at playing football. But, anyways, it was really cold and rainy, but it was a blast. We were playing with the other Elders. Elder Calinuc was kicking the ball so hard, and Elder Reidhead and Elder Otte were scared to be in the goal. So I went in, and was the goalie. Elder Calinuc kicked it really hard, and I stopped it, and it hit my wrist really hard. My wrist was really numb and I was like Elder Otte, I think I broke my wrist! Don't worry, everything is fine, and just to make things even better, I ended up keeping the ball from going in the goal, and I ended scoring a goal as well, so I was really happy."

"Elder Vaughn is from Australia. He is so funny and every time we talk, we have a good laugh."
"These are the stickers on the back of my badge. Some girl gave me the one less lonely girl sticker and said it will apply in 2 years when I get off of my mission. And I was like ok, whatever you say, and she said I had to have it."
"The pop rocks were so amazingly good, and made the day so fun."
"Thanks for the package! We had a lot of fun with the glasses! We just laughed our heads off. Once again, those glasses were so much fun."

Testimony of Temples:
"I hope that you are going to the temple a lot. I really miss the feeling of going to the temple, and the spirit that you can feel when you go there. It is amazing, and I wish that I could go more often. How blessed are we living in Utah, to where we have temples that are 5 minutes away, and we should be using them to our benefit, and going a lot."

4 comments:

Jennifer George said...

What? You actually found a 'Married " couple in England! You sound like you are doing great Brady and that makes me happy, happy, happy! By the way, don't leave your pop rocks in a hot car. They don't pop anymore. Besides then they would be just rocks! And you should never ride bikes with rocks in your mouth! I learned that the hard way. Be safe, have fun, we love you and pass on the "No thank you" song when someone isn't interested in the church!

Cathy Bubert said...

I love to read about Elder Moore's mission experiences. What a great missionary! Keep up the good work Brady!

Bea said...

Alan said: Elder Moore, You are obviously learning which is THE number one sport in the world. In a couple of years I bet Real Salt Lake will need a goalie.
You are a great example of the Lord's missionaries.Your Mom and Dad (Whom we love dearly)are the best.They feed me peanut butter
cups which is evidence of their wisdom and kindness.:o) God Bless You,.......
Brother Marsden.

Kimmy said...

Sounds like he is doing great