Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who's the Greenie?

"I had a huge surprise come and hit me. As you know this week (16th August) is transfer week, and I found out that I am staying in Grimsby 1, and that I will be training a missionary. I still feel so new myself, and I feel like there is still so much I need to learn, and become better at, I feel very privileged though, and I have learned that when the Lord calls you to do something, or go somewhere, there is a reason for it, and so I am excited but still very nervous to train. I just hope that I will be a good trainer, and Elder Gentry was really excited, and he was like freaking out, while I was in a huge shock, and was so surprised when President Lindley told me that."

Brady has been training since the week of August 16th, and here is what he thinks about training.
1st Week Training:
"Being a trainer is alright, but it is a lot different than killing off companions. I was so nervous the couple days before that I didn't sleep really at all, and I was in so much shock that President Lindley asked me to train. There are also 2 other elders from my group that are training, and I guess they were just as nervous as I was, but it was really fun. I guess one thing I do miss is the fact that we both knew the area so we knew where the places were. Now, everywhere I turn it's like BOOM! Elder Reidhead is right there!"
2nd Week Training:
"Training is going pretty well. We have been doing a lot of knocking trying to find new people to teach. I think Elder Riedhead is kind of frustrated because we get a return appointment, and then sometimes the people aren't there. I try to set an example by trying to find people who are ready."

Investigators:
"Last night we finally got a return appointment that held up. His name is Lee, and I was really surprised. I have to start off the lessons now and make the decisions, which is really different, but I do really enjoy it. We were able to teach him about the restoration of the gospel, and the lesson went pretty well. Then I had to extend the invitation to be baptized, and I was kind of nervous, but he accepted it and he seemed really excited about it."

Soccer:
"For the past 2 P-days we have been playing football with these 14-15 year old kids, but that is going to have to stop now, since they go back to school next week. The first week we played, I played a little bit of defense, then I got to play a wing position. They were impressed I think with how well I could pass the ball, and I was really surprised myself! It was so amazing, my passes were spot on, and they were able to just keep on continuing, it was really fun. I also scored a GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so amazing, and it felt so nice to score. Then I kind of struggled, and I missed a couple of easy shots, so all the kids on my team were yelling don't shoot, so I didn't, I would just pass it. Then yesterday, they put me in the goalie's box, and I had no idea why. I actually was really good at it, and I made a lot of legit stops, and all the kids on my team were like YEAH!!!!!!!!! Then I made a stupid mistake, and I kind of did something like the England goalie. I went to catch the ball, and it went through my arms, and into the goal. I should have just gotten in front of it, and then I would have been fine, but I just tried to stick my hands out and stop it, and it just went right through. It was kind of frustrating, but then they still kept me in the goal."

No comments: